For sumo deadlifts, TNG or not?Reference weight or percentage to use?
Hey Ben! I'm wondering the theory behind using the same variation of squat 3 weeks in a row with the conjugate system? I was under the impression that the whole idea of the conjugate system was to use multiple variations every week? I ask not to question your methods, just to learn a thing or two =)
A horse does not question his trainer :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
I'm assuming the box squats are/have been the same movement from the box squat jumps from a few weeks ago, right? Knees past ankles so you're pulling to get up, etc.
Great shirt! She is a decepticon but!
1. 360#, 390#(F)2. 245/245/2453. 315/245/2454. 9:57 RX'dM/35/180/5'10"
1. 3552. 2253. 275, 295, 295M/37/175/5'8"Ran out of time. Will do metcon this afternoon. Been out of the loop a few weeks moving back down to STT. Able to do most of the WODs, just never got around to posting scores. Sorry folks!A couple of comments/questions from this workout. I assume we want to get below parallel on the box squats? I watched the video with Potsy again and he looks to be not quite to parallel. For those of us that are vertically challenged, this is tough on a reg 20" box as I don't get close to parallel. Played around a bit with this and ended up standing on 2 x 45 and 2 x 10 lb plates and squatting to a 20" box. That got me to parallel. I can tell you it makes a HUGE difference even adding that 10# plate. Without it the 355 wasn't too bad. With just that little extra depth it was WAY harder. Thoughts on this? Anyone have a safer way to do this?
Box squats are supposed to be exactly at parallel. Using stacked plates is fine. We have lots of people doing that.Also- make sure you have spotters if possible. Dumping off the back rack to a box or stack of plates results in broken barbells
D - thanks brother. Cool - that means my 355 was legit. It also explains why it's a 30 lb jump from my previous 1 RM the last time we did this - at a diff gym and the box had me end up well below parallel. Good tip on the spotter. Didn't have one this AM and that 355 was close to not coming back up...
405 ran out of time. Have another 10-20 in me8:37 met con Skipped Fs no timeSumo dead- 225,275,325 first time, have to go much heavier next time
1. Box squat 225 (ran out of time and tried to jump up to 245 too fast...missed that)2. FS 3x6 @ 175, 180, 1853. SDL 3x12 @ 1934. 9:29 Rx (missed 15-20 reps for falling off the back. apparently, i'm awful at games standard box jumps)
Out of order a bit:FS: 1 x 6 135# 2 x 6 140# (15# pr)Sumo Deadlifts 195# x 10, 185# x 12, 190# x 12Box Squat: 170#Issac’s Revenge: 10:26 games style bjs
1. 285#2. 185/195/2053. 225/245/2654. 9:47 - i thought i was smoking through this one until i saw everyone's times. GSBJ puts me mid-pack.
1. Box squat: 285# PR2. Front squat: 185# across3. SDL: 2@225#, 1@245#4. 9:16 Rx Doing front squats after the workout was not a good idea. Although I also have to believe doing the workout after front squats was equally a bad idea.
Box squat: 255#FS: 185/185/195S DL: 185# (not much experience with these)Metcon: 8:34 Rx (games std jumps)
1. Box squat: 255#4. 9:55 Rx 2. Front squat: 185# across3. SDL: 225, 245, 285
box squat: 265front squats: 165-175-185sumo dl: 205-225-245metcon: just moved back to school so no boxes around, had to make due with running in a parking lot and doing box jumps on a boulder. around 11 minutes.
Box Squat: Quarter Ton (500#)PR!Front Squats: 275-295-325Sumo DL: 355-375-405METCON: 8:24
strong like bull!
Strong like bear!!
M 30/153/5'8Crossfit RxBox squat - 355 prFS- 225SDL- 325Metcon- 8:12 games standard
1.) Box Squat 335# (will keep pushing this weight each week, back got unstable so I stopped here)2.) Front Squat 3x6 @ 2253.) SDL- 3x12 @ 275/295/3054.)metcon 8:38
1. 405 PR2. 275,295,315(fail)3. 275,315,3504. 8:09 Ow.quads.burned!
Sorry I have not been entering all my results but I have been doing all of them.1. Box:3952. Front:285, 265, 2653. Sumo:225, 275, 3054. 3RFT: 9:28
Box Squat: 225, not my PRFS: 165,165,175Sumo DL: 195, 205, 215Haven't done the WOD yet looks awful;)
1. 230#2. 155, 175, 1903. 200, 225, 2354. 8:22 RXdQuads & hip BURNED on that metcon...
1. 235# same as last week but much cleaner2. 175 across...difficult...getting light headed on these3. 225 across - did not mix grip...working on both hands in neutral grip...that was the limiting factor today though.4. 500m runs and 24' box jumps...equipment was limited...and runs were screwed up...not a good day for met con...grrr 10:12**anyone else feeling pain in knees or below the knee>? my legs are feeling really heavy when i run and my left knee is bothering me and swollen right where my shin meets my knee.
You are not alone!! My calf feels almost restless. Moderate knee pain too. Today's ez run should help though.
Box squat - 140kg not prFront squat - 80kg acrossSD - 90 100 100 kgMetcon - 9.02Ha nearly didn't make it onto the box after the strength. Good all the same.
Cheryl,Sounds like your patella is swelling up, try ankle and hip mobilities before you squat. I have had this problem before and loosening the ankle joint can help a lot.
Thanks Daniel that will be my focus work today
1. Box squats - 225# PR2. FS 3x6 125-135-1353. SDL 3x12 135-155-175 - should have gone heavier on these4. WOD as rx'd 8:21
m/49/5'8"/1651. Box Squat 1 Rm: 335 Pr (went up fast)2. Metcon: 9:04 games style box jumps3. FS 3x6 @ 235, 245, 245 these were tough post WOD4. SDL 3x12 @ 295, 305, 315
m/46/5'10"/197345# box squat235/245# FS 3x6 felt great265# SDL 3x12rowed 500m for run 13:45 felt sluggish
1. #235 box2. 135-145(5)-145(5) -these are my nemesis3. 195-205-2054. 9:35 rxThanks Ben!
Box 145FS 95,105,115DL 135,155,165-the weight was light but I didn't use a switch grip and the bar kept falling out of my hands.3RFT 11:46 RX
Box Squat - 335 (PR)Front Squat - 245/265/265x6 (PR)Sumo DL - 265/315/335x12 (PR)3RFT - 11:30. Felt like I had 20lb ankle weights running through quicksand. Easy day
1) 300# (10# PR)2) 185# across3) no time4) 8:59 Rx
1) 3653) 2452) 2054) 11:16 legs felt super heavy for the runs.
1. 4302. 280 across (failed on rep 5 of last set)3. 365 (movement is very new to me)4. completed did not time ( 8-9 minutes)
1. Box Squat: 250# 15#pr2. FS: 155/165/1753. Sumo Deadlift: 225# across4: 3rft: 10:56M/27/5'4"/137#
Box squat 365- sat way back this tume-did 385 last week -also after watching video can probably add a plate or two to my 16in box. Front Squat 265x6 felt goodSumo-185,225,245 definitely heavier next timeWOD 8:18 games standard-JC
Box Squat - 415 (PR) Front Squat - 205, 215, 225Sumo - 225, 225, 225 (nursing a back injury, working on form not load)WOD - 8:16Ben, Just started following the blog a couple weeks ago and i'm loving the programming. I'm going to start posting on here more. Thanks for this!
Met-Con 9:50SDL 285Box Squat 305-Went Up Easy 20lb PrFront Squats 205Had to go out of order to get it all done.
1. Box Squat - 350# up 50# from last week!2. Front Squat - 135/145/155 (my wrists suck)3. Sumo - 225 across4. 11:13, got my first box jump injury tonight! My shin is swollen like a golf ballThis is my first time posting in here, but Ive been following this program since the beginning and can see HUGE improvement.
Yeh.. Im not Sarah.. was signed in under my wife's Google account lol
1.385#x1,405#x1(failed)-got 405# last wk, but I rotated shifts at work so I worked out late afternoon after work opposed to mid-morning before.2.185x6,205x6,225x6-patella tendonitis flared up last week after moving some equipment & it really bothered/limited me on these as well as everything else other than the SDLs.3.225x12,255x12,275x12 *all unbroken4.15:36 *As stated above, the tendonitis really limited me on how fast I could go.
Box Squat - 315# Front Squat - 225#Sumo DL - 220#3RFT - 11:10. Ran 465m as I don't really have a 400m loop. Felt pretty good.
1. Box Squat 275#2. no time3. no time4. Wod 8:31 Rx (Games BJ's)
Box sq- 230Fs-165/175/185Sumo-185 first time11:08
1. 160 box squat2. 95, 105, 1053. DL- first time after back pain- 95 4. 13:20
Box Squat: 295WOD: 8:37 RxFS: 205, 215, 215 x 6Sumo DL: 225 x 12
Box squat: 315Fs: 225, 235, 240Sumo dl: 275, 315Wod: 8:26 did Bj on bench at track probably less than 24
Box squat 1 rep max 360lb (25# PR)3. Front squat 3x6All sets at 205lb4. Sumo deadlift 3x12225-250-2755. 3rounds for time:400m run15 air squats15 box jumps15 air squats 9:26
1.230# not a PR but much cleaner rep2. 175 across3. 225 across neutral grip (wanted to work on this today definietely was limiting factor)4. 10:12 450 m runs and 24" box jumps...equipment and track were limiting factor** anybody else having knee issues? My left knee has been hurting right where my shin meets the joint :( runs are hurting! And def sluggish on runs help!
1. 185# PR!! Woop woop!2. FS #115/115/1053. Sumos #175/175/155WOD: did a swim workout before work, i'm a bad horse :(
1. 335#. PR2. FS 185-195-2053. Sumos 225-245-2454. WOD: 9:51After 4.5 weeks of this I finally missed half the Friday stuff and skipped one Saturday to run the local 20k race.1:29:53 - PRThe hills hurt as I wasn't willing to skip O lifting Friday and could feel the squat cleans and squat snatches on every step.Might not have been the best way to get huge but was a great mental break and came back to PR the box squat that stopped me last week despite still very sore legs today. I'll take it.
1. 4302. 205, 215, 2253. 275, 305, 3154. 9:40 RX
Box squat 230. Front squat 190Skipped deadsWod 12:18.
metcon portion in the afternoon - 8:40
BOx Squat - 340, 5# PR, only 20# below regular squatFront Squat - 225x6, 230x5, 230x6.SDL - 230, 265, 265. Should go heavier next time, was trying to finish up before the next class came in.No time for metcon. 1 quart of grass fed whole milk... for time.
Box Squat 315# (less than last week but really worked on crontrollin movemt for entire motion)Front Squats 225# / 205# / 205#SDL 245WOD : 10:10
Box Squats: 175 (to 5 45# plates. Worked on control in the descent. Thanks Cizzle!)Front squats: 105 acrossSumo Deads: 145 across (should have gone heavier)Ran out of time for WOD.
Box squat 385Front squat 235Sumo dead lifts 275 (sets of 12 SUCK)WOD 9:52
1. Box squat 345#2. Front Squat x6 @ 245/255/2553. SDL x12 @ 285/315/3154. WOD: 15:07 (We included a nasty hill and 45# plate carry for the 400m runs)
Box 185 (20PR, felt really good) FS 95,115,125DL 1853RFT 9:01 RX
1. 425 Box Squat PR(wish I had a spotter might of got more)2. 3x6 @ 315 Front Squat3. 3x12 295, 315, 3454. 8:31 My legs felt like Potsy's ;-)
1. 3152. 3x6 225#3.2x 245
Box Squat - 375# PRFront Squat x6: 245# acrossSumo Deadlift X 12: 315# across3RFT: 13:29 ....felt really slow today.
1. BS - 290# (PR) *parallel and off abmat. 2. FS - 185#3. SDL - 235#4. Metcon - 9:32 (as rx'd)Fun times!
1. 315 ties PR 2. 185 - 205- 225 3. 185- 225 - 2454. 11:31
1. 375, 20 below last week. Didn't feel good about it...2. 205, 225, 2353. 225, 275, 2754. 12:19; subbed 500m row instead of run.