It's awesome to see a video of these legit, great times. Nice work guys!
Hamel is my hero!
Kev! is my hero.
1 - In 2011 I did like 24 reps I think. I only did 18 this morning. I couldn't generate any intensity and I told myself well in advance that I wasn't going to do well here because I couldn't drop the weight from overhead in the shed gym. What a failure.2 - 8:34 - did Russian swings and I had to do lateral KB hops because it was raining outside and there's not enough head room to do DU in the shed.3 - 3 rounds of 15 reps each:Banded leg curlsBanded bent rowsBand pull-apartsHad to improvise and do this one inside because I had to take over baby duty. My hammies said that the banded leg curls were a great sub.28/6'0"/185
1. 34 reps Rx 2. 5:46 (blitzed this. Felt great, du's unbroken!!!!!!!)3. Done
I had to use an 80# KB cuz the box I go to apparently things 80 comes after 53.
1) 26 reps Rx all thrusters 2.) 6:403.) Done
What would be a good suggested warm up before starting the 5 mins of squat clean thrusters?
Lighter weight squat cleans and thrusters, just work your way up. That's what I always do, just a slower/lighter version of the workout.
I like bb warm up complex from CFNE5 deads 5 muscle cleans 5 front squats 5 pressI did 3 rounds with empty bar with 30 double unders for my warm up
Thanks for the tips Love the work outs and the blogs on here!
1. Snatch3 x max reps tng at 80% of 1RM 3-2-3 reps @ 57,5 kg2. Front Squat1RM100-100-1003. EMOTM 7Front Squat 70 kg, 3 reps
1. 272. 7:343. Skipped, box closing hours/no time
1. Lost count, I think 23, shoulders couldn't do much more.2. 6:20 53#x20 subbed and weird GHD thing.3. Make shift GHR, parallel supine bar row7,7,710,15,1810,10,10
Fried said you could jerk them? I did straight thrusters, could have done many more if jerked.
Found out my 4th metacarpal has a fracture near the head. Seein the Ortho today... It doesn't kill much anymore just affects grip strength. Probably the last wod I'll be able to do with this programming for a while and might jeopardize doing the open ;( 1. Squat clean to explosive jump(no thruster) 29reps2. 8:223. Done
For the layperson that means the bone in the hand that leads to the ring finger. It's commonly known as a boxer's fracture because it most often occurs from getting angry and punching something, like a wall or a person haha. I hope it heels fast for ya Rudy!
*heals, lol :)
Thanks, yea I'm a po po and did it punching and hammer fisting a guy(who deserved it)
Yeah I've done that twice in my right hand it sucks. One was a wall another one was a person ( the wall and the person both deserved it haha )
You should probably incorporate some kicks and judo chops. Much lower risk to reward ratio.
Lol, might do some elbows and bitch slaps
Also, great alternatives!
Had to improvise with stuff at my house because I'm getting bombed with snow right now and the gym is closed5 min amrap 80# rubber bag full of water zercher squats- 90 reps4 rft30 sit ups30 kb swings 5360 plate jumps3 giant sets ofMax reps kb rdl 20 20 20Max reps ring row 14 14 14Max reps 35# db bent over reverse flies 12 12 12
1) 372) 7:533) 10, 13, 20/across.
1). 302). 6:02. Flew through this. If it weren't for a trip on round 2 of DU it would have been ideal3). Done, didn't count
Did 11.3 last year before open. Got 35 then. Thank God for Ben who gives us all this wonderful programming
Love the shirt Pots!
JT! Glad you like it, in fact I'm in town next week, will shoot for 5:30 if you're around
missed yesterday so did lynn today@2251)20/112)15/103)10/104)12/95)12/1011.3- 36 rxplaning on catching up on the burners tomorrow
1) Did 21. My goal was 25, but I did the first 6 TnG - so, I was happy!2) 6:09 - Felt good!3) Done! Those Band Pull-Aparts are wicked!!
I should also say that all of mine were clusters! :)
M / 5'8 / 165#1. 33 reps + 1 squat clean (all thrusters)2. 5:51 RXd3. Done
1) 15+/-1, I lost count. 2) 7:10. Everything unbroken except for a trip up in the first round of DU. Ya'll are beasts. 3) Going into my first GHR I felt a small electrical storm in my right calf. I yelped, out loud, for the gym to hear. Turns out I've never had a muscle cramp before. First time for everything. Subbed 35lb weighted sit ups.
1. 28.. Not good enough2. 6:00 rxd3. 7,20,18 7,15,13 7,15,13
1. 26rx did some serious mobility before. When this came up 2 years ago I only got 4. Elbows are slowly but surely getting better. 2. 6:03Rx I set up my KB directly behind the ghd so I reverse rolled off the ghd into KBS. It was awesome. 3. Done
Lol. Slick. Where's the video??
hahaha thats awesome
That sounds cooler than the wall flip! haha
I'll send Ali the video tomorrow
1. 24 reps GtO Pr- by myself but still beat 11.3 score from 20112. 7:44 but subbed 25 abmat sit-ups for the GHDs, all unbroken sets and litttle rest so very happy3. no GHR so only did ring rows and bands (red) 21/15 17/8 15/9
1-28 reps pr by 15 reps!!!2-6:20 rx felt great all unbroken except 2nd set du3-dnfthank god for rest day tomorrow this week has kicked my ass.
Decided not to go overhead today. Extra rest day for shoulder1. Amrap 5 185# squat cleans. 32 reps. Paced it too much in the beginning. Deripped eery rep too. Should've done 3's2 no ghd and no overhead. Did 4 rounds 20 abmat situps, 15 sdhp 95, 30 du's-5:523. Subbed other shoulder stuff
1. Ouch, i dont remember hurting that bad after this one in 2011! lol Made it through 38 rounds +1 clean! Surprised myself on this one; almost a 10 rd PR from 2011!2. 5:51 - Worked to make sure all KBs were vertical as well; after watching the judges course for the open; i want to make sure im not compromising any ROM for speed. 3. Did not do. Tired today! Very long first week at my new box! Officially open this week. Such a blessing and I am so greatful this opportunity came along!
F/25/150# Day 2 following1. 31 reps - got 27 in 2011, all jerks2. 7:16 3. Done
1. 30 reps2. 7 something3. Done