1. 255#2. Didn't do -- conflicted with previous wod I did
275, missed a PR at 295.Elizabeth-6:25
1. 235.....caught and stood up with 245 but couldn't lock it out. 235 is a 30 lb PR for squat and a tie with my old power clean and jerk.2. 6:25, first time doing squat instead of power on this WOD, stimus is definitely not the same. It tested muscular endurance a lot more than plain old endurance like power clean seemed to in the past.NICE! I see I tied with you Jeremy!..at least on the WOD.
Nice work brother!
Awesome score! Did you do the squat cleans all tng?
Mostly, but each set was broken, just not for long. It felt really light after the 1RM C&J.
Open1) 225, kept it light but haven't even lifted that weight in months. Pretty happy2) 10:12 Felt like I was in quick sand, but work overall felt good
I wish I knew why my jerk is so low compared to everyone. I can clean 205#, have only ever successfully jerked 175#. Cleans is one of my favorite movements, but I lag so far behind everyone else! I have a competition in a few weeks that one of the events is a find 1RM C&J. Looking at the numbers so far, I'm going to be low on the totem pole for that one!
Just be the best you can be, do the work and higher numbers will come!
Like Coach says..best way to work a goat is with OTM work in the 50-60% range. Set the groove. I'd add a 10 minute OTM of 2-3 jerks from rack as a second round of warmup a few days a week. I'd bet after a few weeks of that you would forget you ever had a problem with it.
I've been working my handstands and handstand walking HARD (a few times a week) and it has dramatically improved my overhead stability in jerks. Might be worth a try.
I've been gone since the Open ended. I needed a break and spent some time really working some gymnastics skills while dialing back the met-cons. Apparently I dialed back too much because I am out, of, shape!C&J - 275# Super stoked, this is 15# jerk PR and there was no press-out.Elizabeth - A lightning quick 12:26.You wouldn't believe I'm 6'0" and 185# by looking at these numbers, but it just goes to show, you can be relatively strong without being "fit". I've got work to do! I'll be sticking to the "Open" program because clearly my engine is that of a lawn mower right now.
OPEN1. 135# cnj. Yay PR!2. 11:40 at 95# but assisted ringdips with toes on 12" box - even with this I had a hard time. Ring dip is a movement that is really taking a long time for me to learn :(
Open1. 255# PR2. 12:06 Rx
This comment has been removed by the author.
Open1) 255# - 20# behind pr2) 12:26 - 5mins behind prHaving a problem with squat clean lately and need to get my engine fix. Hope I can bounce back fast.
You'll be fine man, just getting back into it.
1) 205# 20# under my previous PR. Was trying to work the squat cleans with Shane today as apposed to power. Knees were pretty achy today, so they played a little bit of a mind game. Gonna go see Dr. Rocket when he gets back from the games.2) 6:39 Right behind Shane. Felt good though. Squat cleans in this WOD are a different animal, but a good one.
1) 235 2) 10:17 Terrible gameplan...
Open1. 140# PR2. 15:23 RX
Open1) 225# (missed clean at 235#)2) 8:43 Rx'd (need to grin and bear it - way to broken on the SC's)
Not my best day, did Saturdays work yesterday so today was interesting. 250 clean & push jerk felt easyCleaned 265 twice, couldn't get the jerk. Squat clean Elizabeth 5:55
1. 275 10# PR Clean was harder than Jerk. Need to really work on my clean strength. 2. Later
2. 9.20 ( low back seized up cuz I only drank about 12 ounces of h2o today. My lungs were fine had to resort to singles on the cleans.
Masters (40_1. 255 (10# pr)2. 7:54
Nice work Arron!
1. 225# (pwr cln & jerk)2. 9:29 (sqt cln) Stopped at 225#s when I had a little bit of press out on the left side. Trying to work on improving my form on the olympic lifts this season vs. being all about the amount of weight lifted. 235#s is my max but I have not C&J'd more than 215 since I was in a car accident and tweaked my hip in Jan. of this year, so hitting 225 pretty well was very encouraging.Elizabeth time was not a PR, but close to PR time and about 1 minute faster than when I did it in May.Progress!
115kg PB9:57If anyone finds my legs please just leave them. I'm sure my body will find its way back to them eventually
90kg - 20kg off my pb :-(10.55Disappointing but at least I know my latest diet sucks haha! ;-)
305#, PR.7:29. Ouch.
275# missed 300# 2x then missed 290# missed pr by 10lbs5:59 I dislike squat cleans
140# c&j15:53 Elizabeth
Open105 kg C&J pr by 5 kg9:37 Elizabeth
1. 330# new pr2. 6:53rx. First time on squat cleans. Much harder 3. Goat work for an hr
damn bro you got me. sollidddd
Open1. 260#2. 7:26 rx'd
1. 255# 10 off PR, Happy with that considering coming off my recent hip injury.2. 6:22RX 3 second PR.
1. 155# power clean and jerk2. 11:59 with band assisted ring dips and full cleans
Reg:1) 285, 305, 320 (F-Jerk), 330 x 3F -- Just didn't have it today.2) 8:xx - did muscle-ups into the ring dips, makes this workout a decent bit harder. PR is 6:17
1) 205# (poor performance)2) 7:19
Open1. 245lbs2. 14:04 - Always done this with power cleans. Last score was 4:38. Shows how poor my squat cleans are.
Open1. 125# PR2. 9:47 - box assisted ring dips
Regionals1) 250 15# PR!!2) 13:23--Two movements I am not very good atCuz
1. 295 hit 305 for the squat clean witch was a pr but missed the jerk. Couldn't stand out of the split. 2. 6:56 ring dips are a huge goat!! Need a lot of work, squat cleans felt great
1-275 lb cj 10 lbs off of pr hit it first time felt a little funky in my lower back so stopped.2-8:34rx second time with full squat cleans power clean @6:19 so pr with squat cleans
OpenGot out of work late, only able to clean and jerk. 180 lb, 5 lb pr. Was able to get up to 190 lb clean, 10 lb pr. :)
OPEN240# (PR)8:40We have a group in wisconsin rapids that tries to follow the CW open as close as we can...thanks Ben & enjoy the games!
First day back following the program, now out of Connecticut. Been packing/unpacking all week, still a disaster at the house. Still don't have the box setup yet but enough to do today's wod. Thank you compWOD for holding me accountable! Open1. Clean & Jerk 1RM - 265. That's 10lb below my PR clean and 10 lb PR for jerk. Some press out, but I'll take it. 2. "Elizabeth" w/squat cleans - 7:50. Last time was on 4/13/13 and my time was 10:32. Maybe the week off did me some good.
OPEN1) 235lb - missed 245 because of bad jerk form. 2) 10:46 Glad that I actually did it and finished today. Has a massive headache going in that still hasn gone away. Usually a good excuse for me not to do it. ?anyone have written down our last Elizabeth day?
1. 325#.. not a pr. No excuses. 2. 5:10 rx. i was really pissed off about c&j so probably made me gas a little on the wod. gotta keep a cool head.
Open Program1) 255 - forced myself to do squat cleans even though I'm a bit better with power cleans. This was the heaviest squat clean for me to date, and my heaviest C&J of any type. Pretty happy with this.2) 8:37 - 6-second PR. This one is just not a good one for me. Squat cleans just gas me, probably because of lack of flexibility forcing me into kind of a crappy squat. Can't believe guys with a 205-225 lb. C&J are hitting this in sub-7:00. Impressive engine, fellas.
1 245 2. 5:22. 22 second PR
Open. 1. 210 - PR by 20 lbs2. 10:24 Rx. Hello ring dips, you are my new target.
Open1) 290# 15# PR2) 5:43 1:29 PR thought old PR was 6:12 when it was actually 7:12... Might be my new strategy to all WODS
Open1) 265# (20# PR)2) 9:27 (1st time going squat cleans on Elizabeth, not power. Definitely felt the difference!)
Open1) 215# - 30# under pr2) DNF - no words, no excuses.
open1- 140#2- 12:15 scale 105#
1. Did this over the weekend (275) so worked on some Snatch and C&J sets today.2. 7:33 rx, a disappointing 40 seconds slower than last time. Will have to do better next time.
Open- 21/M/165lbs1RM c&j- 260 (5lb PR)- Although an ugly jerk w/ a ton of hyper-extension, went for 270. Hit the clean, which was a 5lb PR(!!!) couldn't stick the jerk. Still very happy w that.Elizabeth- Rx 6:44- Wasn't feeling it. Was in a rush to get a workout so not a lot of time to warm-up. Also, the way they have the hotel gym set-up at the CFit Games Marriott has the rings I used on the other side of the room from the bars. Just felt sluggish and broke up the cleans a ton. Too much unnecessary rest.With the Master's competition starting tomorrow, I'll be MCing from morning until the evening so we'll see how much training I get in the rest of the week. If you happen to be in Carson for the Games look for me down at the track these next three days on the mic and say what's up!
Regionals1)290#, missed the jerk on 300# multiple time2)5:51 Rx
Open1- 225 caught 245 but couldn't stand it up. 2- 8:36 ouch!
1) 195 - 20# PR2) 15:59 Rx - 9 minute PR
Masters (41)1) C&J 235...10#PR however the jerk was ugly. Prob a 5 inch press out at top. I'll have to work on jerks before trying anything higher.2) 9:54...squat cleans made this a whole differnet wod
#235 clean and jerk missed 245 but it was a PR. Need to work on my strength.. 6:30 on Elizabeth, felt strong on ring dips but I highly dislike squat cleans
Open1) 235#2) DNF --- felt some tightness in my forearm and elbow in the same one I had tennis elbow in just recently so cut it short just to play safe.
1) 275. Clean was rough, but the jerk was really strong, happy about the Jerk. Had a ton left in the tank up top. Daggum legs. 5#off PR. Went for 285 but came off the ground like a ton of bricks. 2) Misread and did regular elizabeth with power cleans. 4:49 which is about 30 sec off PR pace. Basically have had 2 weeks off with vacation this month and work schedule & injuries so it's been an unproductive July.
1) 215. Skipped over my current PR of 225 and went for 230 but failed.2) Elizabeth - 8:35
1) only got up to 1552) 9:53. my ring dips are horrible
so I'm sorry to keep talking about my "coming back to training" but it's amazing how much is effected and learned by time off ! I am a notorious "pez head" when it comes to jerks... if u don't know what I mean, I throw my head back when doing over head... long story short ... I made 2attempts @ 135# on Saturdays WOD ( got to 13 then 10- not too bad considering how long I haven't been doing overhead and also my wrist is still in the mend)... then did 20@ 125... well side effect of that many jerks like that? whiplash ! my neck is so jacked up!!!needless to say ... started to do 1rm clean and jerk but wasn't feeling it ... my neck was really bad on the jerks ..hatch squats day 1 of week 10! ( woohoo! 2 more weeks!) 4x5 back squats then 4x5 front squats ... then into Elizabeth ... one of my favorite wods ... my or is 5:36 ... with squat cleans ... but I've been out if dips for a while ... and it was apparent :) plus my legs were smoked6:18 ..not too bad ;)
Im a day behind bc of comp on Sunday...2nd place!Open- 1. Sqt cln n jrk- 275....285F Pwr clean- 295 missed jerk2. 6:20...not a fan of sqt cln....15's beat me up!
265 15pound PR. Just barely missed the jerk with 275.Liz: 9:24.
1) C&J 1RM - 155# (15# PR from last month. literally the most i have ever had over my head.)2) "elizabeth" - 9:04 Rx - first time Rxing this. went from a thin orange band and 65# 6:04. need to get on that ring dip kip!! strict ones broke down to singles by the end of the 15.i know we're only allowed 1 PR a day, but i consider these both to be. so grateful for the crossfit community and this great programming. it's amazing what a positive environment and good coaching can do to contribute to PRing all over yourself! i was thinking back today to how technique-wise i had SO much trouble even properly landing and standing up from a 95# squat clean last year without ending up on my ass... and now i'm laughing at how frustrated i used to get. this feeling is going to help me on those hard days when it feels like nothing's going right, because next year, i know i'll laugh at myself for those days too. : )thanks, coach. : )
Open1) 205# 2) 7:58 @ 105# - I usually feel pretty good on dips but surprised how fast I fatigued on this. Just have to stay focused and keep telling myself I'm getting better each day.
Open1) 225# Squat Cleaned 245# but missed the Jerk. 10# off from PR2) 7:48 @ 115# Just one of those days to grind through and tomorrow is a new day
Like Bus..Day behind because of comp in Sunday1. 155#..cleans 165, missed jerk. 2. 9:48 with 80# and bar dips. Crushed me
Open:1.) 215#Failed 225# a few times need to get beyond the split press and start jerking the weight!2.)12:40
Open1. 105kg :( 10kg off pr. Need work on jerks.2. Elizabeth 8:33. Previous pr 6:39! Blame heat and doms from Monday.3.otm hs taps and hollow rocks
Open. 1: 110kg. 10 kg pr.2: 8:44 2 min pr.
Open1. 90kg=198lbs 1RM C & J. Mostly power, technique is really bad.2. 17:06, Squat cleans almost killed me. Felt like quicksand, heavy and slow. Probably need to take an extra day or two off.