Doing this on Saturday can't wait!!!
I suck at both of these lifts; time to work on my shortfalls
Awesome!1. 177# (80kg)2. 232# (105kg)
1. 225 - Not a pr, but a 7% body weight pr I.e. at 190 lbs I did 118% bw and today at 180 I did 125% bw.2. 265Probably could have added 10lbs to each if I wasn't alone this morning. Nonetheless, a good day.
1. 170# - hang power snatch. my first pull was being weird and my knee was bothering me.2. 235# - could have cleaned 10 more lbs, but couldn't have jerked it.
1: 135 pr2: 198 pr
S-225, f235Cj-275, f 300Frustrating day, but now I realize that I hit lifts at about 92% of previous 1rm without going over 85% for at least 2 months. I think I need to be hitting these lifts in some form at least 2x week to hit pr's now. Oh well- that's not the emphasis of this cycle so it's all good.Good luck this weekend to all the Garage Games athletes!
Snatch: 175#, jumped to 195# failed but felt good, definitely close to goal of 200# C+J: 255# PR, jerk felt good and finally catching up to clean still around 30# difference but gap is closing
Question - I am doing the GG this weekend. From the folks that have done more competing, would 1RM in the Oly lifts be a terrible idea before a comp, or would it be similar to doing the pre-game WOD?
If you are doing the GG - skip this and do a pre-game training day instead.
Cool will do, thanks Ben.
1. 185#. Same PR... Power Snatched it with no problem. Went for 205#, but couldn't get under it fast enough. Gotta spend a lot of time doing snatch balance and getting under the bar faster. 2. 265# - 20# PR.
Snatch – 145# (10# PR)Clean & Jerk – 195# (20# PR)this stuff works!
Way to go Eugene!!!Have a great Garage Games Everyone!!!
Snatch 1RM of day200#, failed at 205# (15# off my PR)Clean and Jerk 1RM of day250#, failed at 270#(15# off my PR)
1-155 pr is 1852-245 pr is 275 one of them days
1. 165#2. 225#
Snatch 175Clean & Jerk 225
Snatch- 140, 145f (power snatched it) PR is only 155 hit last fall/ winter during the Oly cycle. My speed under the bar needs work. Any suggestions? I was thinking if working from the hang for the final 3 weeks. I'm open for advice. C&J- 215, 220f (on the jerk) I've squat cleaned 235 but can power clean more. Once again, speed under the bar.....I also need jerk work as well.
Snatch 225C&J 265, (cleaned 285 missed jerk)
1.Power Snatch PR is 165. Today, I really tried to work on technique with Squat Snatch. I've really only ever done it once. Only managed to hit 135#, which I guess you could say is a PR. Ben, when would be a good day/time in the week to incorporate more practice, and what exactly do I need to do to get better. Such as when and how often to do things like snatch balance, OHS, etc.2.235#, 10# squat clean PR and 30# Jerk PR.Felt great, but still need to really work on form.3.Went ahead and did tomorrow's 4min AMRAP of:2 PC, 2FS, 2Jerk (Scaled to 155#) Attempted 185#, but was too tired from maxing. Got 5 rds. I have a soccer game Sunday, so I figured I should take Saturday off.
Ben may not get to respond this weekend with garage games so I figured I'd chime in. I believe the next cycle is oly. We made huge gains during that cycle last year as the strength gains we got during get huge translated directly to the oly lifts. So be patient....That said- I'm a big believer in working the burgener warmup into your regular warmups. If you do 3-5 rounds of that with an empty barbell 3-4 times a week, that definitely will help in the meantime.Just my 2 cents
1. 95# (7# PR)2. 111#.... not a PR3. Wall ball #16/B.box jumps 9:58
125lb snatch170lb clean and jerk.. that's body weight! I'm excited about that.
Thanks Derek. I will do that.
1. Snatch: 125# a 15# PR! 130# Power Snatch, a 10# pr for that. 2. Clean and Jerk: 175# PR! 180 Power Clean, also a pr.Not much, but very exciting for me!M/27/5'4"/137#
1. 125 snatch (got under 130 and 135 but couldn't punch it up!) still a PR1. 165 PR too I have lots more room for improvement still!
185# snatch 10# off pr245# C&J 5# off prAmanda 12:45 rxed pr
205# PR 255# PRAll in all good day...
155 snatch185 c and j
175# Snatch215# C&J, 225# Clean and can probably clean 250 but cant jerk more than 215# now. Sad but true!
185# 10# off PR, 195 F225# 15# off PR, 245/250 F
Shoulder Press 3x 155, 180 & 200Snatch 215 PR (need to work on getting under the bar!)C&J 285 PRPower Clean 315 PR :-)
1) Snatch - 165# (PR)2) C&J - 205# (PR)Snatch took 5 attempts to get it so I was pumped when I stuck it! Think I could have hit 210-215# on C&J but I ran out of time. These are humble numbers, but I am psyched about the progress I am making. Competitor WOD works! Thanks Ben!
Man I was jazzed up for this. My favorite thing to do are O lifts. 1. Snatch, worked up to 205 fairly easily, took me a few attempts to hit 215 (2 or 3 perhaps), then got stuck on 220, I was videoing so I was able to see what I was doing wrong, a few little things and I knew it was not a strength thing & and really focused on the little things. So I subscribed to the froning method and skipped my current PR and just went for a 225 PR. Hit it the first time. I was pretty fatigued for 230, so I didn't get it. 2. C&J, 275. 15#PR.
Ben, I don't know if you still check this site, but a couple of friends and myself are doing this program.1. matej, snatch 60kg -> 75kg //// c&j 90kg ->105kg2. david, snatch 70kg -> 77,5kg //// c&j 90kg -> 102,5kg