Would the squat cleans be better to do across at the same weight or climbing starting at a moderate weight and working up to a heavy 2?
Try and go heavy for all sets. Doesn't need to be across, but keep them all within 20#.
In regards to the 21-15-9 my options are GYM A with wall balls, no GHD and with KBS or GYM B with no wall balls, with GHD, and no KBS. Sub for GHDSU? Toes to bar...?
I would do gym B. Sub thrusters with like a 35-40# dumbbell (hold the ends of the DB) for wall balls and do DB swings.
a ghd May be easy to make, I use a power rack with both safeties on the same side (slide feet through) and put a bench alongside for my backside . if you can do this it anything similar i would go with gym A .
Both good ideas. I think i'll try putting some double plates on a racked bar to hook my feet and using a bench or two for leg support.
1. Hoping to get an oly sess in tonight @ work, yesterdays snatches and todays cleans.2. 14:44 - Scaled to 198# (the heaviest ive deadlifted in a WOD, next time will do heavier)3. 9:00 16#/bench&bar GHD's/50#
Hold up did I just make the Comp Wod page thats me next to Jordan lol.Had such a good time that day!
Wait till tomorrow Seth.
Hey Seth...at least you were able to get a few of those reps...I couldnt rack up even one of those wiley HSPUs. Thanks for throwing those in there Ben :)
Cant wait to see!:)
This comment has been removed by the author.
I practiced those things to death man but got to say I was glad to see they went down to 1 and 1 lol.
1. 225# across.2. 14:58... HRPUs broken up. It's been a goat.3. 8:04....used 26 lbs MB., everything else Rx.
Wow, almost identical to Tadpole today but I did it out of order.3 - 8:00 flat.1 - 225# across3 - I think it was 14:10 but I only did the first 50 as HR, rest regular push-ups...I HATE push-ups. After seeing Tadpole's time I'm wondering if I screwed up and it was really 15:10 though. Only broke the set of 8 deads.Tough day. Glad I stuck it out and got it all done.
Great work buddy.
Watch mwod that britt posted the othe day (Saturday) about proper mechanics in the pushup. Cant post the link here for some reason.No wonder why they kill my shoulders. Duh!Thanks britt!
1. Did power cleans instead and used it a a skill session. Stayed at 225 across. Cleans much much better getting my butt back2. 11:33 pushups broken and slow but felt much better concentrating on better technique - vertical forearm and hands further back. Definitely had hands too far forward in the past. Best news is my shoulders feel fine and my chest and tris are fried -like they should be. Glad I figured out how to do a pushup at 38 years old. Duh! Watch the mwod 3. Shoulder strengthening stuff/bps.4. Ran out of time. Will try to get a short metcon in later
1: 225# Across15 Min rest2: 11:40 RX15 Min rest3: 8:05 RX (15 Kilo Wallball) Not happy at all with my time. Took a little to long rest between the sets 15-9 and broke upp the Wallball/GHD.. NICE WORKOUT ANYWAY :-)
1: 185# Across2: 13:28 RX3: 9:37 RX
Hey! Look who's posting!Nice work. See you tomorrow
1. cleans 225# across2. 08:153. times up!! trying to hit this later..
1. 205 across. But failed the last rep. Tried 4 times. Argh2. 11:20 ex. Deads unbroken HRPU. Down to doubles at end3. 7:20. Managed first round unbroken then WB fell apart.
M/5'9 140# 14 yrs old: 1: 135 across 2: 14:09 (225) 3: 6:48 (20lb wb) (55lb kbs)
1. 275 whole time. Powerful good reps. 2. 11:353 4:35 blitzed it. Rx. M/6'2/220# 24yrs old
M / 5'8 / 165#1. 225# x 3230# x 2235# x 2240# x 2250# x 12. 8:41 RXd3. 5:36 RXd
Pretty much mangled my right hand at work. No fractures just swollen and unusable. Did back squat 10x2 @315 with 20hr push ups. Wasn't totally uncomfortable but wall ball, kb swings and DL were a no go. Maybe gonna do some 400 and 800 repeats the rest of the week. It really sucks to not be able to do much
Well it might not have been good for me but I wet ahead and did the 21-15-9, 20# med ball and kb swings with two fingers on the right side :). Didn't time it just went through unbroken
rest day yesterday ... recovering from a very scary ending to wodapalooza on Sunday ... still made podium but the thought of how it could have ended is very scary... back on track today taking it a little easy though ...yesterday's work...1. snatch complex - stayed at workable weights ... not max effort OTM x 5 @ 105, 5@110, 5 @ 115 2. 3rep front squat @ 195 ; 10 @ 1853
3. 5:33 almost unbroken
1). 215. Spent a lot of extra time here. My man Brandon at Rogue gave me good advice about form. I started at 165 and didn't move up until every set was perfect. Focusing hard on technique and less on big weight, felt good.
2). 6:08. 3). Skipped. Spent about 30mins on the cleans
225 but then dropped down to 205 for better quality9:45 pushups suckeddd6:50 20# ball we don't have a 30 here
1. 225 2. 10:073. 6:37 (keeping it easy on the knee so I broke up the 30# wb's)Nice job to all who competed this past weekend, it killed me to have to pull out of the comp and watch. I'm excited to get healthy for the open and give it my all for the next few months!
1. 235 across 2. 11:23 Rx3. Had to use a 20lb ball, that's all I got at the house.Wall ball rep scheme: 32-22-14Everything else Rx8:47
1. 175# x 7 185# x 3 Need to really work on getting under the bar.2. 11.17 RX Felt good3. 7:09 RX Tough after WOD #1 Arms were smoked!
1. 235# 2. 10:44Rx3. 5:30 subbed 30# wall ball with 53# KB thrusters
Started feeling flu-ish today. Resting for the rest of this week.
1.195 across2.15.53 #2753. 8.07 20lb WB
1) 155# across. Stayed light to work on form. Elbow tendonitos2) 13:30 heaviest I've ever done for reps .pushups still need work3) 8:45 20# ball and 2pood kb. Heaviest we have
AM10 x 200m sprints on the 2 minPMOut of order3 - 6:07 subbed 30# WBs with 70# KB thrusters1 - 205 across2 - 9:44 Rx
1. 155-155-155-155-155(F,F)-145(F,1)-145-145-145-1452. 10:49rx3. 7:09rx
1. 205-205-205-205-205-205/185-185-185-185-185 2. 10:20 RX'd, pretty stoked about this I haven't dead lifted in a few months to heal my back up and I got these unbroken. As for the push ups, after the first set of 20 I was going into x2 at a time, wtf is up with that? Very frustrating. 3. Modified; 20lbs DB Thruster, sit ups 21-15-9 2:39
1) 5x2@205 5x2@2252) 13:093) 6:08
1-225 across2-9:28 rx3-7:58 with 20 lb wb and toes to bar. M/28/6'2"/225
9 degrees in garage:)1. 225,225,230,230,235,235,240,240,245,245 Tough2. 8:27 push ups real tough, strug DL3. Dont have 30lb ball so did 30,20,10 of wb's at 20#6:04
1. 205 across2. 9:47. DLs unbroken 3. Only have 20lb ball, can't do ghdsu yet due to lower back, 60lb kbs. 30-20-10. 10:02.
1. 1852. 11:40@275 deads