Won't be able to workout tomorrow so I did this today instead. Thanks for posting this early today Ben!1. Worked up to 235 (PR). Failed twice at 245. 2. Subbed 45lb SDHP (40 reps) for 400m row. 24:36. 3. Done!
Always good to PR! Good work
What are youe thoughts on jogging on recovery days? I have heard that easy paced jogs around 30 mins can aid in recocery and have some benefits in increasing oxygen uptake. Not sure what anyone thinks about this tho or if it is a good idea or not. Curious to hear opinions
At the games Matt Chan did 45 minute slow easy recovery rows the day after Camp Pendleton, and he knows more than I do, so I've been jogging/rowing really easily on off days. "Active Recovery", just hard to resist the urge to push harder.
I do it, I feel it definitely helps. Typically I will do a 20-30 minute row at about a 2:10 pace, my 2k pace is about 1:49, so it's really easy pace. I actually flip the monitor back and go off the timer so I resist the urge to pick up the pace. Just trying to get fresh blood to my legs. I also do it in warm ups on days where I'm feeling a little bit smoked or cold days when things are really tight.
26/5'9/165/southeastHavent posted in a few days. Just havent gotten around to it. Back to posting now!-got 355 on 13.2
This comment has been removed by the author.
1. 255# PR!2. 3 rounds. Finished at 12:53.3. Done4. Gymnastics session.
Nice PR tadpole!
I only did 3 rounds. Open gym session finished. I allocated 10 mins for the BB work, then another 20 minutes for the metcon, but was asked to clear up in 15 minutes while doing the metcon.
1. 245# 265 3 Attempts failed2. 3 round time 11:35 5 roound time 22:003.complete
At work today so no rower did255 hang squat clean (tried to power my body likes to go down)5 RFT20 burpees15 hang power cleans30 du17:10Real nasty wod, could only imagine with a rower how bad it would have been. Grip was a factor. 3x20 ab mat sit-ups
1.280# hang power clean PR super happy with that today!2. 20:03 RX everthing unbroken smooth and steady3. doing later
1. 225... Stayed light, lower back a bit tender2. 21:55Rx 3. Complete
Burpee to 6" target
Not feeling well today - did 1 round of The Great Gatsby, 5:37 @ 95#
26/5'9/165/southeast1. 270 PR. Video is on fb page. It was sloppy... but got it.2. 15:50 3. Complete
30/5'9/177/northwest1. 200# failed 205# twice2. 24:323. Completed
24/5'11/195/southwest1. 225 sub max2. 19:09 unbroken3. Complete, unbroken
1) 2552) 20:12 RX3) check
Hpc - 290pr. Thought it was 285 but had an extra 5 on one side. Oops! I'll take it thoughWod- 18:17Ran outta time.
Damn bro, you are STRONG!
1.255# PR2. 22:01 3. Will do 1st day on this blog!
1) 295 PR2) 3 rounds ~13 min3) dun
1.) #275 hang power, #285 hang squat...both PRs!2.) 24.51...no energy what so ever but worked through it3.) Done...love these
Awesome Jon , just awesome!
I was only able to squeeze in a bit of this workout today during lunch break 3rds in 11:45
Just did the met-con.23:36
1. 255# PR2. 21:39 Rx 3. Done
1. 225# PR2. 24:063. Complete13.2 - 236
1 - 120kg PB2 - 21:223 - done
1. 2202. 21:36 3. Later
1. 245#2. 21:05 RX3. DoneAwesome WOD felt good.
M / 5'8 / 165#1. 275# (video below)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrI6Is-JodY2. Metcon 3RFT:=9:393. Skipped good morning yesterday got the hammies nice. Rolled out for about 10-15 mins
M/5'9 140-144# 14 yrs old: 1: 165# 2: 20:25 (95......50 on air dyne instead of row)
1) 100kg @ 74kg2) 23:093) DoneLove this Blog !!!!
1. 265#, 270#f2. 17:13 rxd unbroken3. Recovery airdyne while counting for Taylor4. Hip ext...done5. Ice bath to come
1) 155 PR! My old tested 1RM Power Clean is 150 - so I hope this means this got better, too! :)2) 22:32 RX 3) DoneDid a few practice muscle-ups. Feeling better! :) Still just one at a time with rest in between, but I will take it.
1) 2652) Really felt horrible today did three rounds around 14 minutes
1. 300 flat. Felt good on that one. 2. 22:28rx. Unbroken on burpees. Trying to gain some momentum going into Thursdays WOD.
That was a PR for me too. Stoked about that
Yesterday's work-1 - OHS - 135, 155, 165, 175, 1852 - switched it up a bit - 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 thruster @ 115 and pull-ups = 10:203 - 3x25 Abmat sit-ups
1)315, 2nd attempt- Pull felt good2)19:08 RX 3)Completedm/25/5'6"/177/Southeast
1. 2552. 22:213. Done
1. 295 2. 20:16 Rx3. Done
M/5'11"/180#/22yrs/north central1.) 185 pulled 205 to chin but FAILED2.) 28:47 slow go3.) Completed
M/6'2"/205/24/South West1) 265# (10# PR!)2) 3RFT 11:253) 20 min mobility
Did a 20 min EMOMOdd min: 1 C&J @ 80% 165#Even min: 30 double unders2) 20:47 rx
1. 265#, failed 275#. 2. 5RFT - 21:40. I see a lot of people hit 3 rounds of this, did I miss an announcement to scale it? 3. Done.
Nah man. You didn't miss anything. I can speak for myself, only did 3 simply because I felt like shit. Decided to scale a bit.
Cool. Thanks, Ty.
5 rds:20 burpees15 hang cleans 135400m run24:49I haven't had a training partner in about a year now and i'm learning in this years open that my metcons have taken a big hit. It's been a great year for strength gains but i'm not happy with my open performances so far. Going to post here and try push myself to catch some of you firebreathers. tough hitting this wods day in and day out with full intesnsity in a garage, gets lonely haha.
Glad to have you here. Best of luck to you.
Same situation here man... That's why I need and use this community! I need the competition, so bring it!
1. 2652. WOD 18:23 Rx3. done
1. 285#, p.r.2. 18:13, rx3. Done
1. 155#, PR2. only did 3 rds Rx, 12:143. Done.
2.) 25:12 Rx3.) done aaaaaand done.first OFFICIAL WOD on the books at CFNE today. YESSSSS!