So will we end this template in 6 or 8 weeks?
We have all the competitors from 29th Street CrossFit here in Miami joining up on comp wod! Thanks for everything Ben!
Question/clarification, are we allowed warm up sets before the Snatch and Front Squat sections?
Hey Ben, if you happen to jump on here and answer the above questions, could you give me your opinion... I strained my next last monday, ive rested it pretty good this last week. If its not too sore tmrw should i do Diane at RX or maybe sub something for HSPU to take it easy a few more days? I've never strained something before but i'm anxious to start training again. Thanks coach.
Hey britt!Its so funny you said that because i also strained my neck a couple weeks ago doing hspu. I took a week off of.nothing overhead and then did strict hspu like 2 weeks later in a wod instead of kipping because i didnt wanna put the pressure on my neck. Which was obviously harder but i didntwas feel anyya pain. Tomorrow im going to do strict again and probably will for a while. On a good note the strict will make me stronger:) even though they are slower for me. A good sub might be ring rows but ill let ben answer that question. Feel better girl!
Tadpole - yes, use as many warm up sets as needed, unless otherwise noted.Britt - hard to say without knowing more about you and the injury. When in doubt, better to play it safe for an extra day or two.
Snatch skill: 205#Snatch1x1: 180#, 2x2: 160#Front squat1x1: 265#, 2x2: 240#Diane 6:38 (PR by 7 mins/since March)...HSPU still a goat
1. 245 (275x1 - failed on 2nd rep, too large of a weight jump and ran out of time)2. 205, 1953. Back squat (still resting my sternocleptomastoid)4. 3:01 - dropped the bar on last round of DLs and failed final hspu rep. 2 mistakes that coulda put me sub 3! I year ago I did Diane in 8:30 and almost dnf'd the hspus. 6 months ago I was at 4:30. Thanks for the programming Ben. This stuff works!
Knee and shoulder tweaky. Stayed light.Did pp/ohs up to 185 a few times, stopped there.Did snatch complex-ps, sb, ohs, hs,s- did 3-4 sets at 135, 2 at 155. No FsDianne-4:04rx pr by almost 90secs. Should have been sub 4 but feet came off the wall on a Hspu in the 9s so I had to no rep myself.
1. 1982. A:) 135 B:) 1103. A:) 242 B:) 154PR Diane: 2:42 Unbroken Previous time (2:50)
Snatch: 95#FS: 1 x 165#. (10 pr)FS: 2 x 145#Diane: 8:20 rx. 1:41prThis programming is amazing. I have made more strength gains in 2.5 months than I made in the previous 12 months! Thanks, Ben!
1. 205 (failed at 225)2. 175, 155 - my snatch is getting worse. Not sure what's going on...3. 285, 2554. 4:55 no gas in the tank. not even close to PR.
1. 205#2. 185#, 165#3. 245#, 245#4. Diane: 5:07 Rx
OH squat/ push press- 100 poundsSnatch-75 pounds Front- 135 skippedx 2- stained my back a couple weeks ago. Trying not to push it if anything hurts.Diane- 6:58- scaled.
1)215 2)205/1753)275/2554)10:30 should were pretty weak today. I worked on hspu yesterday for goat training.
1. SPP+2OHS - 165, 185(1SPP+1OHS)2. 120x1x1; 105x2x23. 270x1x1; 235x1x24. 12:15, first rd of DLs unbroken. HSPU definitely a goat, however, I got the kip down in the last rd. m/6'0/210#/26
OH press and 2 rep: 2051x1 snatch: 1752x2 snatch: 155Front squat 1x1: 255Front squat 1x2: 235"Diane"- 1:28 RX with sumo deadlifts. Previous time was 1:38, didnt think I'd ever beat that. My buddy next to me went 1:36 which was a 3:00 minute PR
1.) worked up to 175, on 195, missed 2nd rep2.) 1x1 snatch @135 2x2 snatch @1253.) FS 1x1 @235 1x2 @2054.) Diane: 5:40 (PR)my snatch sucks, definitely my biggest goat. Time to get to work on it!
Kept waits to mid range on all sets right around 85%1. 135 (stopped because it was hard on my shoulder today)2. 125; 110/1103. 195/175- felt really easy, but followed protocol4. 2:40 tiny PR (:09 sec off from regionals)- i wish i could do strict push ups like spealler, those are much faster...excited to see Mel's time on this one! Mel if your out there! POST! hehe
1.) worked up to 175, on 185, missed 2nd rep2.) 1x1 snatch @1552x2 snatch @1353.) FS 1x1 @2451x2 @2054.) Diane: 9:04 (first time doing Diane bc I suck at HSPU and I usually skipped it!!
1. 2352. 205x1 155x2x23. 315x1 265x1x24. 6:56
This comment has been removed by the author.
1) worked to 1752)175x1, 165 2x23) 335x1, 285x24) 4:40 not a pr. 13 sec shy
1: 115- oh squats are a huge weakness2: 135, 1153: 255,2254: 9:48
205 180/155240/2253:30 HSPU felt fine, hands hurt on DL...a lot
Snatch push press + 2 OHS215lb (failed at 230lb)Snatch 1x1 heavy @ 205lb2x2 moderate @ 170lb (touch n go)Front squat 1x1 heavy@ 260lb1x2 moderate@220lbDiane RX=3:26 (25 sec PR)
215# stopped there back is tweeky from yesterday170, 140265, 215Didn't do Diane b/c back fired up
Snatch PP+2OHS 215Snatch 185x1, 155x2x2Front squat 285x1, 250x2Diane 6:18 (0:54 PR)
1. Diane 3:30 Rx Pr (really broke the HSPU room for improvement)2. OHS worked up to 2x155 havent done these in a while3. Snatch 1x1x145 (felt good after the OHS) 1x2x115, 1x2x1254. Front Squat: 1x1x255, 1x2x225
@ 15 weeks pregnant1. 1084. Diane 9:59, 155# and 1 abmat for HSPUPR is 9:06 with modified HSPU, so not too disappointed for a fat chick.
SNATCH PP ETC: 110SNATCH X1: 95FRONT SQUAT: 140DIANE (9:21 RX) WITH 2 plates and abmat in between. first time doing it like this and I think i prefer just a yoga mat and nothing else. last diane time was sub 7 min...not sure what's going on :/ ?
1. 2252. 185. 1553. 295, 2554. 5:55 PR by 7 seconds
1. 235lb2. 80kg/70kg3. 270 Heavy/245 Moderate4. 5:21 First time since Regionals where I had an epic fail of 9:04. Very happy!!
1. Snatch Grip Push Press + 2 OHS: 1002. Snatch 1x1: 95 (this is just shy of my PR, and felt nice and smooth)3. Snatch 2x2: 854. Front Squat 1x1: 145 (ties PR, felt smooth and solid)5. Front Squat 1x2: 1356. Diane: 11:56 (1:40 PR! HSPU were all kipping, strung together sets of 5/6 until 2/3 of the way through the 15's)I am super happy with today.
1. Snatch PP + 2 OH= 250#2. Snatch 1x1 @ 190#2x2 @ 165#3. Front squat 1x1 @ 285#1x2 @ 255#4. Dianne: 3:27 RXd. PR. December goat will be HSPU for sure!!
Heres a clip of my snatch. Jusy trying to put it out there and get any critiques! Thanks for anyone who gives it a glance!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVL6kACiah0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
1) 2452) 175 full snatch 195 split snatch////155 moderate3) 295////2754 Diane 5:53 first time ever doing it
1. 250#2. 195#,185#3. 285#,255#4. Diane: 2.21......7 sec PR
1.2252.195/1753+4 no time plus hamstring a little sore! May try to make up tomorrow!
Hey Taylor, I watched the video it looked great, a good way to find more balance on your catch would be to not let your feet pull backwards when you hit triple extension, try to focus on going straight up through the toe then straight back down to the heel. Just a thought, but great pull!
1: 155 my OHS sucks2: 175/1553:275/2454: 4:22 Great workout!Ben, my training partner was curious if the lesser weight (225/155) was for Women or Ninjas?
Thanks Daniel! I Can see that. Probably help me from losing some out front too! Thanks brutha
Snatch PP + 2OHS 155Snatch1x1 145 full snatch. Finally can do this again. Now to add weight.2x2 125Front Squat1x2552x225"Diane" 14:56 RX'dHSPU meltdown. This was my punishment for doing an extra wod (angie) on Sunday. Got what I deserved!
1. #972. #88 & #803. #133 & #1154. Neck felt like it was going to explode when i tried a HSPU, taking the advice and giving it a few more days. Did a WOD from last Sept,10 rounds 10 DL #133/10 push ups 8:32(Aly - thanks for the advice! If it wasnt the ladder tomorrow i would of scaled Diane to ring rows)
1) 160#2)145#-125#3)210#-175#4) 5:56
1-1852-1x1@ 1602x2 @ 1403-1x1 @ 2651x2 @ 2304-8:50 (pr is 7:24)
SPP/2OHS - 225Snatch 1@225, 2x2@195FS 1@295, 2@275Diane on plates - 4:36
255225, 205345, 3152:50 Rx'd. That's a minute off my Diane and 20lb PR since regionals
1. 225#2. 205#, 2x2 @185#3. 305#, 275#4. HAven't had a chance yet to do Diane
1. #125 (almost 136!!! Grrr)2. 115x195x23. 165x1155x2HSPU practice