The Deads is pretty much a 10RM....
Whats a good strategy to work up to a 10rm on deads? Just curious to how some of you guys approach this? Thanks!
1) 10:20 - PR by 2 mins I think. Sqt Cleans killed me - I broke them up too much.2),3) Tonight
2) 285 then 305. Could have gone up but didn't want 30 deadlifts3) 50 heaviest I own. Needed hogher
Any suggestions as to what I should do tonight? I have a comp tomorrow - but I don't want to NOT do anything today... Thought about JUST doing Elizabeth. I know deadlifts are out for me... and WOD 3 is very similar to WOD 2 at the competitiont tomorrow...
pregame ... just like in the open :)
Yeah, yeah. I guess that is what I will do :) Just really enjoyed getting my butt kicked all week. Kind of sad I can't do this one, actually :)
I have a comp tomorrow as well...going with the pregame workout and a light row or run
Good luck tomorrow!!
1. 6:45 PR2. 335#3. kicked out of box.
1) 5:24 (first time with squat cleans)2) 305# 3) Done, did three sets at 50lb4) L-sit hold for total of 3 mins super-set 12 band pull-aparts with every fall.:50-:45-:35-:30-:20
1. 5:38... that's around the same time as last time I did it... think it was 5:46 last time2. 255 pretty close to max... not sure how much more I could have lifted3. i don't have dumbbells but made a sad attempt with kbs ... 55# ers weren't happening ... I have a hard time with coordination on these ... going to go get some don bells this weekend 4. gymnastics programming deficit hspu / strict c2b pull ups / l sit hangs from rings
10:40 with strict ring dips...mostly because I don't know how to kip ring dipsI left my bar at school and school was closed today due to winter storm. Yes, in Canada April is still winter! I did the WOD with a men's bar. I have a very tough time lifting with men's bar, mostly due to grip size and strength... probably should do more WODs with it(2) Deadlift ...just 185 ...this is such a goat for me
1) 8:47 (3 minute PB) 2) 160kg3) 22.5kg Anyone else's quads and chest absolutely ruined or is it just me being a weak Englishman?
yup, same here. And we got the exact same Elizabeth time.
I have a competition tomorrow, so going to do a "Pregame" today based on the WODs. 1. 2 rounds of Comp WOD warm-up2. 12-9-6 row for calories, thruster at 75#, and burpees 3. 3x3 at 185 (All sets done in 45 seconds.) 4. 5x100 meter run
1. 7:07 first time with squat cleans- not. a. fan.2. Skipped, taking a few rest days this week to get back in the swing of things and hopefully garner some motivation2. 50#
This comment has been removed by the author.
warm up with double unders 30 (pr), 40(pr),15, 8, 7 connectedrow 250m, kept strokes between 24-25, time:1:57, airsquats, pvc warm up1: 9:50 @ 75#2: 185# no belt, focuse on form and breathing, damn colorado elevation3: I have to locate our dumb bells, husband likes to stick all of them in his ruck sack.
ahhh forgot, subbed dips off a box for ring dips, rings aren't set up yet
1. 14:17 RX - first time ever doing it RX! 2. 1853. 30's
M/5'9 140-144# 14 yrs old: 1: 5:33 (95....assisted dips) 2: 225 3: 35
1. 9:092. 3053. 135-155 No dumbbells so had to use barbell.
1. 4:29 RXd PR2. 350#3. Worked up to 70# DBs
DB complex: (70#)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P8phHmstFkHad to go to globo. Excuse the old guy grabbin the 10's to smash some curls!
Lol wonder what he thought of u with those massive db's. He thinks your insane for sure.
1 - 9:322 - 140, 150, 160kg3 - 27.5kg per hand
1. 5:10 rxd PR2. 335#3. Worked up to 65#, failed third squat @70#. Left shoulder instability.
Elizabeth - 8:47 Pr by 9 seconds.My quads were also pretty burned out. Trying to focus on recovery and getting more sleep. The volume by the end of these weeks really gets to me.
1. 8:442. 275# - I stayed light, but applied the dynamic effort approach with my lower back being a little tweaked.3. 65#
1. 6:39 2. Worked on my own strength cycle with deads, 420# x 33. 60#, worked up in 4 sets
1) 8:05 2) 150 kg3) skipped
1.) 12:152.)275# not max effort but heavy for me3.) skipped
1) 6:11 first time, but missed touching shoulders to rings on some reps. 2) 3153) 75
1) 31:31 (115)2) 160
1) 8:312) 225#3) 35#...
Muscle Up work, Got through the rings x3, gotta work on confidence and stability sticking that dip. This was rough did 21/15/9 p clean @135, ring dips in between 15/9/5 these are a glaring weakness for me/ feels like a max effort back squat trying to get my ass up over rings haha 18:?? 10rm deadlift: 255, felt solid, close to max may have had 10-15lbs moreDb complex: done w 40lb db then 45lbdb's limiting factor was overhead stability.
1) 8:40 RXd. First time with squat cleans as well. I liked the change.2) 305#3) Don't have dumbbells in my garage set up yet.. did it with a barbell instead. Worked up to 155.