touch and go ?
Yes, touch and go. Climb up to a max weight that you can get for 3 reps with no drops. Post scores for all 12 sets.Happy Thanksgiving everyone. This is a very cool little community we have created.
At max weight you can execute the 3 tng power snatches? Is this correct?
Or work up to a max weight?
Hadn't seen that picture before. Damn that log!
Climbing or across for the OTM
Dan, across. Ben, can it be a split snatch? Not a full split, but a partial split. Sorry for the question, normally I find my own answers but I'm on the fence on this one.
Split snatching is a good alternative for those with shoulder mobility issues. If you need to work around limited shoulder range of motion then yes, splitting is ok.
1.215#, 205#x22. 165#, 145#3. Had to skip WOD or do it tomorrow.
1.1452. 115/1053.105x3/110x3/115(2reps)/110x6everything felt heavy today! back of shoulders felt tight from push ups ... felt like grip was off ... Just a rough training day!
1. 205#2. 195#, 155#3. WOD: 135, 145, 155*7, 145*3
1. 225#2. 155x2, 185x2 3. Started with 135# then went to 155# at minute 3 and Stayed their. Widened my grip and felt the bar hitting my hips in the right spot. Coming around slowly buy surely.
There* (grammar nazi).
Snatch pull 205 3×3Power snatch 175×1, 155x2x2OTM: 135×3, 145×3, 150×4, 155×2
Going to take a few days, if not a full week off and just work on mobility, recovery swims/runs, massage, rest, hydration, etc. Body is just in shambles and breaking down. Starting to get sloppy and injured every time I'm in the gym. I think I just need the time off.Concur with Ben on this cool little community. I've never met most of you but I hope to some day at a competition or elsewhere!
snatch pulls 225165150 2x2135 across x 12 otmsome goat workditto for me with Ben and Chris! I'll be at woodapalooza Jan 2013 in Miami, any one else get in?
Miami in January sounds amazing. We've been under snow here in northern alberta since mid-october. I'm ready to move south!
-32 last night working outside. Brutal.
Yikes!! Brutal is right
225 185, 165155 acrossFridays I always suck
1. 165/175/180. Wanted to feel some heavier weight 2 1403. 135x 6, 130 x 6. I was lucky to have my dad around for the Otm. He pointed out I was bringing my backside up much faster than the bar and losing power and putting the load to my lower back. I know this technique issue is hampering my weights so I was thrilled to have some extra eyes around.
Ben-thanks for the awesome programming!!
Snatch pulls 3x3 at 255Skipped snatches and did a bunch of shoulder rehab stuff instead.Then5rounds20 cal airdyne5 stone shoulders 154#10 ghdsuAbout 12 mins
1). 2052). 1753). 135 for 6, 155 for 6. No drops
1. 2052. 185 x 1, 165 x 23. 1-8, @155, 9 and 10 @ 165, 11 @165 (2 reps) and a torn thumb
1. 2102. 170, 1553. 135 x 3, 145 x 3, 155 x 4, 160 x 2
1. 2252. 195, 1853. 175 all the way
1. 2252. 265 for both3. 265x11, 275x1
My hands are a mess! Painful to just grip bar...1. #91, realized afterward that my calculation was wrong. Should of been pulling a 100.2. #75 3. #80 than dropped to #75. Really trying to keep it pretty.
1.2252.175,1653.165X10 155x2murph sans vest 31:12
Where on my hips should the bar hit me? I've asked a few people and get mixed reviews. Also, does widening my grip fix or hurt that problem?
for me, it's not a direct hit on the hips but in the upper thigh area.
This comment has been removed by the author.
1. 2202. 205 1853. 135 2x 145 2x 150 2x 160 2x 170 1x 175 1x 185 2x* sucks doing it in my cold garage because it takes a while for me to really warm up, but i am glad i did 185 unbroken twice