Hs walk is a goat, still cant hsw. What can i sub it with?
in not the coach but I used to use shoulder touches .. i would say 40 total? I have also scaled hs walking using s wall and walking laterally
Was thinking of shoulder touches too. 60 touches. I saw somewhere 3 touches = 1 m hsw. Will use that then.
Ben,is having some one "spot" your hs walk an acceptable sub?
This comment has been removed by the author.
1. 135-145-165-185-205. 225 F. Incomplete jerks.2. 14:29. Rx Deadlifts. Started with shoulder touches but decided to scale further to wall walks. Did 6 wall walks per round. Deads were fast, wall walks weren't.
1. 185 across - still nursing the collar bone injury. Good new is that it's actually getting better. Bad news is that we're nearing the end of the o-lifting cycle and I haven't been working the C&J at all!!2. 9:05 - hsw's definitely a goat!
1. 60-70-85-95-105kg..had another 5kg in me...liked this complex.2. 10:32, fun wod
185-205-225-245-255(failed on the last 2 jerks)2. 5:05
Saving a little today have a competition tomorrow and want to be rested.1. 135-155-176-198-225#2. Only did 1 round.
1. 95/100/110/115/120 (F last jerk)2. 11:54 165 DL/ 20 HS steps in place, back against wall, not a legit sub but the gym had noooo wall space for walking.
Just read Cheryl's comment above, I suck.. next time.
http://gymnasticswod.com/content/handstand-walk-progression-pt1hey guys...if you are struggling with HS walking...try out the progressions by carl ...this is one of 2 or 3 i think. They really help me!!
1. 115/135/145/150/155 solid! felt good all push jerks....no "starfish cleans" lol2. 11:23 blah! lol definitely not easy in my driveway!! gotta prepare for n e thing! :)Overall feeling kinda low...i dunno what is going on with me. Yesterday was really hard on me. I know that the best have bad training days...and that I should still be proud...but it just makes me feel like there are so many things I CANT do. Hard not to think negatively. Especially when I had to do HS WALKING today. Just another goat...coincidence? we are less than 24 hours from our "goat phase" lol Well BAHHHHHH!!!! lol
1. 225. Failed 245 on last Jerk2. 9:06
1) 185,205,225,245,255 f on grip transition from FS to jerks2) 8:26 - first time trying HSW. Got easier each round
First off, thank you for helping me with my knee problem guys, spent over an hour doing mobility and what you recommended and it felt dramatically better. I love our competitors community. There's another alliteration for you Ben, haha. 1. 185, 195, 205, 215, 2252. 8:27Rx
135,145,165,185,205, (225x2,2,2)13:40 Rxed
1. 185, 195, 205, 215, 2252. 7:59 RXd (typically pretty good at HS walking. Coming off of deads is a different story! )
Pass me some of that Oly technique !!
Damn you!!!! Haha great work man
Shewww pass me a little bit more! I'm greedy! Lol jk man!! Keep killing it bro!
Thanks Connor! A lot harder than I expected it to be! I'm usually really efficient in my HS walking, but after deads! Ouch! Lol keep killing it bro!
The ManChine. Let me know when you send that man cave shirt bro!
Thanks for the reminder! Monday it's in the mail bro!
Didn't do too good today but I can't complain, I got what I got, getting better every day!!!! 125# 15:00 (wall walks instead of hand stand walks) 165#
175,185,195,205,215 failed last jerk24:50 hand stand walks are frustrating
135,185,205,225,245(f)handstand walks& deadlift completed Feel like my squat clean has improved tremendously, but in the mix I have forgot lost proficiency in power cleans at higher weights. Has anyone else had this issue?
1). 170, 185, 185, 205, 205. 2). Legs are smoked. Did 8x400m with 1min rest between rounds. 1:15-1:26 splits
1. 185,205,225,245,225 (Failed ok c&j on last set) 2. 8:40. My handstand walk is at best Embarrassing.
1. 135/155/175/185/185. Missed third jerk on 175 & 1st 185. Missed two jerks on last 185. Frustrating. Cleans and squats felt good. 2. 14:45. Some menagerie of wall walks and other tries (6 walks per round ). Ugly.
1-135/155/185/205/235Definitely max effort!2- worked on handstand walks. Made great progress today. Walking 15 feet at a time with better balance.
1. 155,175,185,195, 205(F third PC)2. 12:46Rx deadlifts hurt last rnd and HS walks fell apart on last rnd.
155 185 195 205 215 225 fucked up the last 2 jerks6: something . Awesome
1. 185/195/205/215/2352. WOD 9:31
1.185/195/205/215/225 f last jerk2. 13:00rx must of kicked up twice on every 6' mat. So bad
1) 195, 205, 215, 225, 225. Was supposed to be 235. Math error after my partner changed weights2) 11:38 unbroken deads HSW sux but gettin better